- Bosun has a seat at both Club Committee Meetings (Monthly) and Sailing Committee Meetings (Quarterly)
- Maintain Motor Boats (inc launch trailer and buoys)
- March - coordinate work party to launch both Edna May and Sea Fox
- November - coordinate work party to dry dock Sea Fox (ie winterize engine, remove algae from hull, remove battery and secure cover)
- December - coordinate work party to dry dock Edna May (ie winterize engine, remove algae from hull, remove and secure cover)
- Dry docked boat maintenance
- Repair any damage from previous season
- Repaint hulls with Antifoul
- Repaint any damage from previous season
In addition every 3 years
- coordinate work party to sand both Edna May and Sea Fox
- shorten garage buoys anchor lines so they are suitable for harbour races
- dry dock the harbour buoys, repair and repaint
- lengthen garage buoys anchor lines so they are suitable for sea races
|Message to all club members from our Bosun|
You will be aware that HSC has recently purchased a Rigiflex boat with a 9.9 hp Mercury engine as its new Harbour safety boat. There are some significant changes in using the engine compared to the existing larger HSC outboards and therefore I have provided a User Guide, see below, which I hope you will find useful when using this boat.
A copy of the guide will also be posted in the RIB shed. If you have any comments I would be grateful if you would send them to bosun@highcliffesailing .co.uk
UPDATED RIGIFLEX USER GUIDE
Go to top..
UPCOMING SOCIAL EVENTS AT HSC
First Quarter of Fun at HSC
ICICLE OPEN SERIES 2019
HSC welcome all the RS Aero Class sailors competing in the ICICLE OPEN races on 20th January as part of their RS Aero UK Winter Series,
SIGN UP FOR WEEKLY NEWSLETTERS
If you are not receiving our wonderful weekly newsletter, don't miss out on what we are up at YOUR club.
All the social sailing, serious racing, top training, lovely launching ladies, open meetings and national championships and of course all the socialising news straight to your inbox each week.
Sign up on website or via link http://www.highcliffesailing.co.uk/maillist.
To stop the mail going to SPAM, please add highcliffesailing.org.uk to your contacts/whitelist/trusted or whatever your mail system
uses to identify SPAM.
More details at
How to stop newsletters being treated as spam
Highcliffe Sailing Club, Sea Vixen, Mudeford Quay, Christchurch, Dorset. BH23 4AB - Phone 01425 274874
© MMVIII-MMXVII Highcliffe Sailing Club